By Jamie Munro
There's little need to reinvent the wheel each time you run right into a challenge with ASP.NET's Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework. This concise cookbook offers recipes that can assist you remedy projects many internet builders stumble upon each day. each one recipe comprises the C# code you wish, in addition to a whole for instance of the way to enforce the answer. study functional thoughts for employing person authentication, offering speedier web page reloads, validating person info, filtering seek effects, and plenty of different concerns concerning MVC3 development.
those recipes support you:
* limit entry to perspectives with password safeguard
* let clients to add and keep a dossier for your web site
* enforce AJAX to permit clients to determine up-to-date content material fast
* Validate shape enter to make sure the information you catch is what you are expecting
* Create thumbnails to preview photos instead of view them sizeable
* supply your net program the facility to alter languages
* Use CAPTCHA to avoid computerized courses from finishing types
* Make URLs extra person- and search-engine-friendly with the MapRoute functionality
Read Online or Download 20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web Development PDF
Similar web development books
Script is without doubt one of the oldest cultural resources. the 1st makes an attempt at written
expressions date again greater than 5,000 years in the past. From the Sumerians
cuneiform writing to the discovery of the Gutenberg printing press in
Medieval Germany as much as today՚s sleek computing device publishing it՚s been a
long means that has left its influence at the present use and perform of
Even even though we neither minimize nor set steel forms from now on we nonetheless use
terms like uppercase and lowercase letters bearing on drawers in which
types have been stored or – in German – use expressions like Schriftschnitt (English
= typeface) which refers back to the slicing of person kinds. at the other
hand, the general public who care for typography of their day-by-day lives,
whether they're photograph or internet designers haven't any specified education for this
http://www. smashingmagazine. com/
Create dynamic internet purposes by way of combining the facility of Ruby and MongoDB
* step by step directions and sensible examples to making net purposes with Ruby and MongoDB
* discover ways to layout the article version in a NoSQL approach
* Create gadgets in Ruby and map them to MongoDB
MongoDB is a high-performance, open resource, schema-free document-oriented database. Ruby is an item- orientated scripting language. Ruby and MongoDB are an awesome partnership for construction scalable internet applications.
Ruby and MongoDB internet improvement Beginner's consultant is a fast paced, hands-on consultant to start with internet program improvement utilizing Ruby and MongoDB. The booklet follows a realistic technique, utilizing transparent and step by step directions and examples in Ruby to illustrate software improvement utilizing MongoDB.
The e-book starts off through introducing the strategies of MongoDB. The publication teaches every little thing correct from the deploy to making gadgets, MongoDB internals, queries and Ruby facts Mappers.
You will find out how to use a variety of Ruby info mappers like Mongoid and MongoMapper to map Ruby items to MongoDB documents.
You will examine MongoDB beneficial properties and take care of geo-spatial indexing with MongoDB and Scaling MongoDB.
With its assurance of thoughts and useful examples, Ruby and MongoDB net improvement Beginner's advisor is the suitable selection for Ruby builders to start with constructing web content with MongoDB because the database.
What you'll study from this publication
* Get MongoDB and Ruby up and working in your computing device (Windows/Mac/Linux)
* Leverage MongoDB to construct hugely scalable data-centric functions
* Leverage MongoDB replication to make sure excessive availability and reliability
* Create your first item and reserve it to MongoDB
* Create a Ruby item and map it to MongoDB record
* technique huge datasets with MapReduce
* Create geo-spatial indexes or second indexes
* find out about Mongoid and MongoMapper for mapping Ruby gadgets to MongoDB records
This e-book is jam-packed with step by step directions and sensible examples, besides accompanying screenshots and code for a simple studying curve. the wishes of a newbie are completely chuffed by means of the book.
Who this ebook is written for
This booklet assumes that you're skilled in Ruby improvement abilities - Ruby, HTML, CSS. Having wisdom of utilizing NoSQL can assist you get in the course of the suggestions speedier, however it isn't really vital. No past wisdom of MongoDB required.
From customized fonts to ad-hoc font households you gather out of quite a few person faces, CSS three delivers extra typographic thoughts than ever earlier than. This concise advisor exhibits you the way to take advantage of CSS houses to realize a fine-grained and wide-ranging impact over the way you demonstrate fonts at the Web.
Short and candy, this publication is an excerpt from the impending fourth version of CSS: The Definitive advisor. for those who buy both the print or the booklet variation of Fonts, you’ll obtain a chit at the complete Definitive consultant as soon as it’s published. Why wait? tips on how to select and manage fonts correct away.
• Specify font households and their time-honored alternatives
• Use @font-face to specify custom-made downloadable fonts
• dimension your fonts with absolute or relative scales, chances, or size units
• comprehend the variation among italic and indirect styles
• how you can specify or suppress a font’s kerning info and different font features
• Synthesize your individual editions for fonts that lack daring or italic textual content
- Web Standards Solutions: The Markup and Style Handbook
- Front End Drupal Designing, Theming, Scripting
- Learning Firefox OS Application Development
- Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design (3rd Edition)
Extra resources for 20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web Development
STUDENT ASSIGNMENTS Cases and Places HTML 31 Apply your creative thinking and problem-solving skills to design and implement a solution. • EASIER •• MORE DIFFICULT • 1: Learn More About Web Access Issues Your company wants to offer online courses to employees. Several employees have physical challenges, and it is imperative that the online courses be accessible to everyone. Your manager has asked you to learn more about accessibility guidelines to determine what changes are needed to make the company’s online courses accessible to those with physical challenges.
You want to attract users to your Web site and maintain their interest. If visitors find that your Web site is poorly tested and maintained, they will be less likely to return. You cannot get your message out if users don’t frequently visit the Web site. Some basic steps to test content and functionality include: • Validating each Web page by running it through the W3C markup validation service • Proofreading page content and titles to review for accurate spelling and grammar • Checking links to ensure they are not broken and are linked correctly • Checking graphics to confirm they appear properly and are linked correctly • Ensuring that accessibility and internationalization issues are addressed • Testing forms and other interactive page elements • Testing pages to make sure they load quickly, even over lower-speed connections • Printing each page to check how printed pages look Usability is the measure of how well a product, such as a Web site, allows a user to accomplish his or her goals.
Due to electronic rights, some third party content may be suppressed from the eBook and/or eChapter(s). Editorial review has deemed that any suppressed content does not materially affect the overall learning experience. Cengage Learning reserves the right to remove additional content at any time if subsequent rights restrictions require it. HTML 20 HTML Chapter 1 Introduction to HTML, XHTML, and CSS By making the other Web pages accessible only through the home page, a broad Web site forces the user to return to the home page to move from one Web page to another.
20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web Development by Jamie Munro